The first place to start if you want to look young and fresh for as long as possible is to establish your eating habits. The editorial team of The Fashiongton Post will tell you today which foods will help prolong youth, and which ones are better to remove from the diet.
Glycation is the first thing to deal with in order to stay young longer. This process destroys collagen and elastin fibers, which are responsible for the youthfulness and firmness of the skin. Healthy skin, clean cells and body — this can be achieved by avoiding glycation end products. These products clog and disrupt cells, slow down reactions, cause intracellular damage and modify the structure and function of proteins, which in turn leads to the breakdown of collagen, leaving the skin tight, saggy and wrinkled.
What contains glycation end products?
Glycation end products can be literally the synonym of the age-factor. If you want to stay young as long as possible, the first thing you need to adjust is the following:
- stop frying food to golden brown;
- give up freshly baked bread with a crispy crust;
- exclude sugar and sugar-containing foods from your diet;
- prefer steaming, baking at low temperatures, and stewing when cooking;
- remove flour products of white flour from the diet;
- reduce the consumption of processed meat products, such as sausages for example.
Choose foods that accelerate collagen synthesis:
- red beetroot;
- pumpkin seeds;
- chia seeds;
- buckwheat porridge;
- salmon and tuna;
- red pepper;
- wheat germ.
The foods from this list will help you maintain your collagen levels. Start building healthy eating habits with our useful tips and your skin will stay young for years to come!